Freshman (1st Year) Supplemental Advising Workshop
Online Advising Workshop - Part Two - Graduation Requirements
During this section, we will be answering the following questions:
- Are you progressing through requirements you need for graduation?
- What are the high demand freshmen courses I should try to add next?
- If I am enrolled in English or Math based on my Placement Test scores, how will I meet the One-Year Rule?
Tips for this part of the workshop:
- Use a piece of binder paper to make a class planner. As you read through the workshop, write down many choices of possible classes to add for Spring 2013.
- Download your Degree Roadmap for your declared or intended major. [new window]
- Bookmark the online Bulletin [new window] which lists all of the General Education (GE) requirements.
During this part of the workshop we will offer you some extra items:
SF State terms and vocabulary: If you go to this link, you will see a list of advising words we frequently use and their definitions.
Examples page: Sometimes we will provide you with an example to explain a situation. Be sure to take a look at our examples if you feel unsure.
This workshop will offer a quick review of what we covered at orientation.