Freshman (1st Year) Mandatory Advising Initiative
Part Three - The 2012 Class Schedule & Tips for Registration
Tips for class registration and using the Spring 2013 online class schedule
November 14th, you will be able to see an updated, LIVE Spring 2013 online class
schedule. You will be able to search for classes you need with set
times and days of the week.
Remember the steps we took at orientation to register for classes:
- have a list of possible choices to meet requirements you need.
- use the online class schedule to search for each specific class.
- have several choices, with alternates for each.
- think of which of the choices are your TOP choices... these will be your Early Priority classes.
- use a planner to help you with choices and alternates.
A suggested time frame
Below is a suggested time frame of actions you should be taking this semester.
- Nov 14th: Log in to MySFSU [new window] and view your Early Priority Registration date and time. Begin planning your classes. Give yourself lots of options!
- Attend an advising event if you need more help. Refer to our FYI Newsletter we sent emails about.
- 1 week before the Fee Payment Deadline (November 29th), mail check or pay online. Refer to Bursars website.
- Before your Early Priority Registration, log in to MySFSU [new window] and check that all holds are cleared.
- 2 days before fee payment deadline, log in to MySFSU [new window] and select GatorReg; make sure fees are paid, or financial aid deferment appears.
- 1 day before your Early Priority Registration, check the online class schedule. Look for open classes and alternate classes. Use your planner.
- 1 hour before your Early Priority Registration, check the online class schedule again to make sure the classes you chose are still open.
- At your Priority Registration time, log in to MySFSU [new window], and select GatorReg. Add up to 8 units. Do not wait list, since this is your chance to enroll in your most important classes. Wait lists are not a guarantee of future seats!
- Check your SF State email for any messages regarding your classes. The Registrar sometimes sends messages that classes are cancelled or that class times change.
- Check your grades for your Fall classes on MySFSU [new window] between Finals Week and Jan 7.
- Prior to Final Priority Registration, be sure to check your MySFSU [new window] and the online class schedule just as you did in preparation for Early Priority Registration.
- Continue to check your SF State email for any messages regarding your classes. The Registrar sometimes sends messages that classes are cancelled or that class times change.