- 1. Handbooks for Lecturers, Student Teachers, and other Instructors
- 2. Training for Students in Laboratory Classes
New part-time and/or non-tenure-track teaching faculty, like lecturers and teaching assistants, are also required to have an initial safety orientation. This may be accomplished in one of two ways:
Attend a safety orientation lecture for instructors
- Often available at the beginning of Fall Semester as part of a GTA/Lecturer orientation day
- Attendance at a faculty/staff safety orientation
- By request from Dept. Teaching Lab/Classes Coordinator in the Spring Semester
Read a safety handbook designed for teaching faculty and staff,
Fill out and sign the accompanying quiz.
Submit the completed quiz to the department office or stockroom.
Handbook for Laboratory Instructors
Click on image
Certain laboratory classes have been designated as requiring a documented safety talk at the start of the semester. Instructors should find out if their laboratory class has been designated as such a class from their department teaching lab coordinator.