Confucius Institute at San Francisco
2004 Confucius Institute Scholarships
1. Program Aims
2004 Confucius Institute Scholarships aim at supporting the development of Confucius Institutes, facilitate Chinese language promotion and Chinese cultural transmission in the world, and cultivate qualified Chinese language teachers and talented students of the Chinese language.
2. Sponsors and Organizers
Sponsors: Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban, China and participating Chinese universities
Organizers: Confucius Institutes all over the world
3. 2014 Scholarship Category
A. Scholarship for one-semester students of Chinese language and literature, Chinese history or Chinese philosophy, starting from September 2014 or March 2015;
B. Scholarship for one-academic year students of Chinese language and literature, Chinese history or Chinese philosophy, starting from September 2014; and
C. Scholarship for students of master抯 degree in teaching Chinese to speakers of other languages (MTCSOL). Scholarship will be provided to Category C students for 2 years, starting from September 2014.
A. non-Chinese citizens aged between 16 and 35 (extended to 45 for Chinese language teachers in post);
B. HSK Test:
(1) For one-semester students: having taken the HSK (level 2) test with a score of 120 or above and the oral HSK (Elem.) test with a score of 40 or above;
(2) For one-academic-year students: having taken the HSK (level 3) test with a score of 180 or above and the oral HSK (Elem.) test with a score of 60 or above;
(3) For MTCSOL students: having taken the HSK (level 5) test with a score of 180 or above and the oral HSK (Inter.) test with a score of 50 or above;
C. In good health.
5. Scholarship Coverage
A. Registration fee
C. Basic learning materials
D. Campus accommodation
E. Out-patient medical service
F. Comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in China
G. Monthly allowance:
(1) CNY1,700 (for MTCSOL students);
(2) CNY1,400 (for one-semester and one-academic-year students)
H. One-off resettlement subsidy:
(1) CNY1,500 (for students studying for one academic year or longer);
(2) CNY1,000 (for one-semester students)
(3) No one-off resettlement subsidy will be provided for students who have studied in China for 6 months or longer before being enrolled.
6. Application Procedures
A. Go to Confucius Institute Scholarship website http://cis.chinese.cn and register for an individual account;
B. Read information on Recruitment Procedures for Confucius Institute Scholarship (2014) and on Host Institutes;
C. Log onto your account. Complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form online;
D. Print out the application form and submit it to Confucius Institute at SF State by 5:00 PM, May 1st (post-marked if mailed by post office) or between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Monday, May 5th (drop off in person) together with other application documents.
7. Documents that need be submitted:
A. Photocopy of Passport Photo Page;
B. Photocopy of written and oral HSK tests result reports;
C. Notarized highest education diplomas attained or proof of study;
D. (for MTCSOL students only) 2 reference letters (in Chinese or English) by professors or associate professors and a letter of commitment (in Chinese or English) stating that the applicant will be engaged in Chinese language teaching for at least 5 years after graduation.
E. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
F. Chinese language teachers shall submit certificate of employment and recommendation letters provided by institutes they work for.
For enquiry, please send emails to: email@example.com, or call 415-338-7631 between 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
9. Contact Information:
Confucius Institute at SF State
1600 Holloway Ave. Burk Hall 325
San Francisco, CA 94132
1. Download: Host Institutes for Confucius Institute Scholarship (2014)
2. Download: Recruitment Procedures for Confucius Institute Scholarship (2014)