Sport Club Overview
A Sport Club is a student organization formed by students motivated by a common interest and desire to participate in a sport or recreation activity, recognized by the University through the Campus Recreation Department, SICC, and Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management. A Sport Club exists to promote and develop interest in that sport or activity at the University. A Sport Club may be oriented toward competition, teaching, recreation, and/or socialization.
Current SF State Sport Clubs
- Capoeira (Email Capoeira)
- Cheer (Email Cheer)
- Dragon Boat (Email Dragon Boat)
- Ice Hockey (Email Ice Hockey)
- Rugby (Email Rugby)
- Karate Alliance (Email Karate Alliance)
- Taekwondo (Email Taekwondo)
- Triathlon & Cycling (Email Triathlon & Cycling)
- Ultimate Frisbee (Email Ultimate Frisbee)
- Volleyball (Men's) (Email Men's Volleyball)
- Volleyball (Women's) (Email Women's Volleyball)
How Do I Start A New Sport Club?
The Campus Recreation Department welcomes students wishing to create a new Sport Club to contact the Sport Clubs Coordinator, Ryan Fetzer to arrange an initial interest meeting.
It is important to understand that acceptance of a new club into the Sport Club Program is not guaranteed and may not be approved and recognized by the university due to potential issues surrounding liability, risk management concerns, lack of facility space, and/or lack of administrative oversight, etc.