Visit SF State - Campus Tours
Visit the SF State Campus by taking advantage of one or more of our various tour options:
- Student Guided Campus Tours
- Smartphone App GPS Guided Campus Tours
- Self-Guided Map Campus Tour
- Virtual Photo Tour
- Tours for Students with Disabilities
Student Guided Campus Tours
Our fun and informative walking tours are a great way for prospective students and their families to get to know our campus. Lasting less than an hour, the tour takes visitors to major buildings and facilities on the University's park-like campus, located in the southwest corner of San Francisco near Lake Merced.
Tours are led by SF State student guides who share their own experiences adjusting to university life and offer tips to help incoming students get the most out of their SF State education. For more information on guided tours, visit the Student Outreach website at www.sfsu.edu/outreach/visiting.htm. There you will find the current tour schedule, which changes daily.
Explore SF State - Smartphone App GPS Guided Tours
The official San Francisco State University campus tour app gives you unlimited access to GPS-guided tours of the SF State campus in the palm of your hands. Experience the SF State campus by walking through the guided points-of-interest at your own pace. While visiting campus or from the convenience of your home, use your iTunes or Android enabled device to move through various locations on our campus. Descriptions, pictures, audio and video will guide you through the tours and allow you to explore each location. Each tour can be streamed or downloaded.
- Other features include:
- Interactive, zoomable GPS maps that indicate your current location and all included points of interest on the tour.
- Multiple tour access points: find desired stops from the map or full tour list.
- Location-based tour stop triggering: as you move through the tour, a dynamic list of stops nearest to your location will continue to refresh.
- Tour stop images aid in finding points of interest on the campus quickly.
- Embedded information for each stop, such as phone numbers, websites and e-mail addresses allow to you connect quickly and get more information about SF State services, offices and departments.
Self-Guided Map Campus Tour
Print a copy of the self-guided tour map (pdf)* which will lead you through self-guided tour of the campus.
The link above requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader. The reader may be downloaded at the following url: http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/
Virtual Photo tour
Check out the SF State campus right away by taking our virtual photo tour. Take it now!
Visitors with Disabilities
SF State encourages visitors with disabilities to participate in Campus Tours. The office of Disability Resources will provide reasonable tour accommodations upon request. Please contact the SF State Disability Programs and Resource Center at least two weeks in advance at (415) 338-2472 (Voice/TDD).