If you are interested in learning more about the Safe Zone program and/or getting involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe Zone Mission
In the spirit of San Francisco State University’s commitment to social justice and equity, the mission of the Safe Zone is to foster a safe campus environment through building a support network for people of all gender and sexual identities.
The Safe Zone is a voluntary program of trained faculty, staff, and administrators. A person displaying the program symbol has completed a training to develop a greater awareness of issues affecting students of all genders and sexual identities and anyone negatively impacted by heterosexism and homophobia. Those who are trained have agreed to be active, visible, and supportive allies. Any individual seeking help can talk to a Safe Zone person in a safe, confidential, and supportive environment.
Safe Zone Goals
- To foster a campus environment that is inclusive, respectful, and supports retention and the academic and professional success of all students.
- To increase visibility of faculty, staff, and administrators who wish to act as active allies to students of all gender and sexual identities.
- To increase the opportunities for faculty, staff, and administrators to support a safe and non-discriminatory campus and community environment.
- To educate members of the University community on the needs and concerns of students of all gender and sexual identities.
- To provide support, information, and resources to students struggling with issues of prejudice, stigma, homophobia, transphobia, and other discriminatory behaviors based on one’s gender and/or sexual identity.
- To advance the University’s commitment to social justice and equity and honoring student diversity.
Safe Zone Allies
|Interim Dean of Studentsemail@example.com||338-2032||SSB 403|
|University Property Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org||405-4417||Towers at Centennial Square G103 (ground level)|
|Graduate Business Programsemail@example.com||817-4322||Downtown Campus 552B|
|Office of Student Conductfirstname.lastname@example.org||338-2032||SSB 403|
|Disability Programs & Resource Centeremail@example.com||338-7878||SSB 110|
|Undergraduate Advising Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org||338-0938||ADM 211|
|Student Health Servicesemail@example.com||405-2757||Student Health Center|
|Educational Opportunity Programfirstname.lastname@example.org||338-2308||SSB 204|
|Educational Opportunity Programemail@example.com||405-3715||SSB 201|
|School of Music and Dancefirstname.lastname@example.org||405-0486||CA 163|
|Disability Programs & Resource Centeremail@example.com||SSB 110|
|Department of Counselingfirstname.lastname@example.org||BH 537|
|Student Health Servicesemail@example.com||405-3497||Student Health Center|
|Counseling & Psychological Services and Residential Lifefirstname.lastname@example.org||405-4415||Mary Ward Hall|
|Social Work/Student Success Programemail@example.com||405-2458||HSS 218/HSS 254|
|University Property Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org||338-1822||Towers at Centennial Square 104B (ground level)|
|Student Health Servicesemail@example.com||405-4192||Student Health Center|
|Assistant Dean of Studentsfirstname.lastname@example.org||338-2032||SSB 403|
|Registrar's Officeemail@example.com||338-2784||One Stop Student Services Building (SSB)|
|Student Affairs/Enrollment Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org||405-2226||SSB 403|
|Disability Programs and Resource Centeremail@example.com||338-7178||SSB 105|
|Student Health Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org||338-3039||Student Health Center room 71|
|Melinda Zarrett||International Relationsemail@example.com||338-2654||HSS 336|
Safe Zone Committee Members
|Name||Department||Phone||Office||Rick Nizzardini||Counseling & Psychological Services and Residential Lifefirstname.lastname@example.org||415/405-4415||Mary Ward Hall|
|Brian Stuart||Assistant Dean of Studentsemail@example.com||415/338-2820||SSB 403|
|Student Health Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org||415/338-3039||Student Health Center room 71|
|Melinda Zarrett||International Relationsemail@example.com||415/338-2654||HSS 336|