Services We Provide:
1. provided statewide, regionally, and locally based on individual needs.
2. conducted in-person and/or using distance education technology.
3. on-going direct training and training of trainers for one-on-one aides (interveners) working with specific children with deaf-blindness.
1. determined by coordinated intake process.
2. based on individual needs.
3. provided in person and/or by telephone, email, and video.
Urgent On-Site Consultation.
Provided in the cases of:
1. sudden and significant decrease in hearing and/or vision.
2. significant and unexplainable changes in behavior.
3. a newly identified child who is not yet receiving any local educational or support services.
Network of Family Support Providers.
1. support provided in collaboration with local Family Resource Centers by volunteers of the CDBS Network of Family Support Providers.
2. family-to-family support provided by telephone and/or email
3. training on deaf-blindness provided to Family Resource Centers.
Information Dissemination and Products.
1. "reSources" quarterly newsletter disseminated electronically in English and Spanish.
2. extensive reference library.
3. website that includes upcoming events, current and past issues of "reSources", and useful links to other sites.
4. video tapes and fact sheets produced by CDBS on topics related to deaf-blindness.
These federally funded services are provided at no cost to recipients.
Whom do we serve?
Services we provide.
Links to other organizations.
Send email to CDBS.