Instructions for Orientation Preview
Orientation Preview website is designed to make all the information presented at orientation less overwhelming—and to make sure you are completely ready to attend your session.
You will be prepared for orientation if you:
- Read every page
- Utilize all of your materials
- Keep organized
- Make sure you cover all your steps
- Begin to think about your choices and have ideas of what type of classes you wish to enroll in for your first semester.
Plan for an entire day!
We will be very busy on your freshman orientation day.
In our sessions, you will be learning about:
- Placement test scores
- General Education & Graduation requirements
- How to plan a schedule
- and about the wise array of student services available
You will also be participating in several activities, including:
- Taking your photo for your Student ID card
- A very detailed campus tour (for on-campus dates only)
- and, most importantly—registering for your first semester classes!
Discuss with parents/family members
Discuss your plans and options with your family members before you attend orientation. Please read this together! But family members will not (and should not) plan your classes for you. We treat you as an adult and one of your first responsibilities is to register for classes (with the help of our staff, of course)!
Let's talk about the items you need to have ready when you use this site.