San Francisco State University’s annual Commencement celebration for all graduates will take place Saturday, May 25, 2013 at Cox Stadium.Graduates should arrive no later than noon to line up for the ceremony which begins shortly after 1 p.m.
For information on the ceremony, please visit the SF State News website.
Have a question that isn’t answered on this website? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Ceremony at a Glance
- Gates to Cox Stadium open at 10:30 a.m.
- Graduates line up at noon to march into the stadium at 12:15 p.m.
- The ceremony runs from approximately 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- Traveling to campus: To avoid heavy traffic, the best way to get to and from campus may be through public transit. For more information, visit SF State’s Parking and Transportation Web page or 511.org for help in planning your trip to campus.
- Free parking will be available in Lot 20, the parking garage located off Lake Merced Boulevard on State Drive; Lot 25 on Winston Drive; and Sunset Circle, on Lake Merced at Sunset Boulevard, approximately 10 minutes by foot to campus. Lot 20 is closest to Cox Stadium. Street parking is also available.
- Watch Commencement live online at www.sfsu.edu/~commence/SFSU_Commencement.mov (You will need Apple QuickTime Player. Download it free here.)
When will I receive my diploma?
At the Commencement ceremony, new graduates received a diploma cover; their actual diploma will be sent to the address listed on their graduation application. Those who did not attend the ceremony may request a diploma cover at the OneStop Student Service Center or by phone: 415-338-2787, or e-mail: email@example.com
How can I obtain copies of the Commencement ceremony video?
To obtain a copy of the 2013 Commencement Ceremony, bring (or mail with self-addressed, stamped envelope) one blank DVD+R DL 8.5 GB to: Academic Technology Media Distribution (LIB 85) to exchange for the 2013 Commencement Ceremony. Call 415-338-1494 for hours and information. Mail to: San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Ave., Academic Technology Media Distribution (LIB 85), San Francisco, CA 94132.
How can I stay connected to SF State after Commencement Day?
Join the Alumni Association now and enjoy:
- Library privileges at SF State and all other CSU campuses
- Access to the Career Center and MonsterTRAK.com job website
- Subscription to Alumni e-News
- Free home delivery of SF State Magazine
- Discounted individual plans for health, dental, optical, home, renter, auto and life insurance from leading carriers
- Twenty-five percent discount coupon at the SFSU Bookstore, valid online or in the store
For more information on becoming a member, call 415-338-2217 or visit the Alumni Association website. New graduates (or current students) receive a lifetime membership for only $59 -- a savings of 45 percent.