Requests for exemptions to the SF State web accessibility standards are rarely granted. Those considered dealt with on a case-by-case basis and limit to mission critical university activities. If granted, exemptions are only valid for a specific, fixed and reasonable period of time, not to exceed one year.
Exemption request procedure
- Complete assessment and remediation plan first and consult with the ACCESS Support Team (AST)
- Prepare justification for exemption and fill out the exemption form.
Download the free Adobe Reader
- Obtain approval from the university Vice President you report to
- Submit request to AST
- Await response from AST before proceeding
- If an exemption is granted, include the interim language in your website