Degree PlanningThis page may contain links to forms that require a PDF reader. Adobe Reader may be downloaded at the Adobe website.
San Francisco State University is committed to ensure each and every student has the right tools to plan for their educational goals. These tools include:
Degree Progress Report
Your Degree Progress Report identifies all of the degree requirements necessary for an undergraduate degree. This includes General Education Requirements, University Requirements and Major Program Requirements (currently under construction). Resident coursework, transfer and test credit will also appear on your report.
Access My Degree Progress Report
- Navigate to your report by visiting SF State Gateway
- Login with your SF State ID and password
- Click on the Academics link in the left menu
- Click on the Student Center icon
- Navigate to the pull-down menu and select Degree Progress Report
- Click the double arrow button to display your report
- Please direct any issues or questions regarding your report to the Registrar's Web Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's Available on My Report?
General education requirements, university requirements and major programs (undergraduate and graduate) are available on the report. All coursework including resident, transfer and test credit are also available.
Explore Your Degree Progress Report
A How-To Guide to your Degree Progress Report is available to help you get familiar with the report.
A semester-by-semester guide (not available for all majors) for course requirements necessary to complete a bachelor’s degree in a designated major.
ASE reports display transfer work that does not display on DARS reports. [ASE reports are available to students who attended SFSU prior to Fall 2014 (if applicable)].
Reports from the former Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) are available to students who attended prior to Fall 2014. Note: Enrollment data is current through Summer 2014.