Internship Program - Application Process
Download the Application - (Word Document - if your document fails to open, right-click and choose "Save As..")
Download the Application Checklist (Word Document - - if your document fails to open, right-click and choose "Save As..") )
The Deadline to submit an application for the Spring 2011 class is December 6, 2010. Candidates must be available for interviews on December 15, 2010.
To apply to the Willie L. Brown Internship Program students must meet the following criteria and submit the following application documents:
- Currently enrolled in SF State:
- Completed 90 units or more of credit
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time you apply for the internship
- Able to begin Internship Program on January 25, 2011
- Available to enroll in the seminar once per week for 15 weeks (Tuesdays 4-7)
- Available to work 16 hours/week for 15 weeks
- Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- Agree to represent the Willie L. Brown, Jr. Leadership Center as an intern and alumnus of the Internship Program
- Agree to participate in the Willie L. Brown, Jr. Leadership Center’s tracking program to access student progress and eventual job placement
- Attach 2 Letters of Recommendation (one from an SF State Professor)
- Attach copies of transcripts from all college institutions attended
- Attach 3 Essays (approximately 2 pages each) that directly addresses the questions below:
- What are the barriers you have had to overcome in your pursuit of a college education? Be specific.
- What is it in your personal background that has influenced you to pursue a career in the public sector?
- What are the courses that will help you be successful in a public service internship, as well as relevant activities such as community service/involvement?