Welcome from the Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
On behalf of the entire cadre of team members who comprise Student Affairs & Enrollment Management (SAEM) at San Francisco State University, we want to congratulate you on becoming an SF State Gator, as well as thank you for choosing SF State as your educational home for the years to come! Encompassing over 20 units and functions, SAEM is responsible for providing advocacy, programs, policies, services and support to students from the time they first begin considering their application to attend SF State, through the time they graduate with their desired degree and beyond. We do so guided by the values of access, excellence, equity, and inclusion – values which are at the heart of the SF State vision and mission. We help to create that sense of “home away from home” and serve as a place for students to go to seek assistance when they don’t know where else to go.
As the Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management, my primary responsibilities to students include:
- Ensuring that student safety and welfare are adequately addressed;
- Eliminating - as much as possible – barriers to students’ holistic success at SF State at a systemic level;
- Promoting a campus learning environment in which every student can maximize his or her performance both in and out of the classroom, regardless of identity or background;
- Empowering students to be active participants in the governance of the SF State campus and community; and
- Communicating with students in a timely manner about issues and information which are of importance to your lives as students.
It is an honor and a privilege to serve you, and I look forward to meeting and speaking with as many of you as possible in the coming months, semesters and years.
Luoluo Hong, PhD, MPH
Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
Student Affairs & Enrollment Management Mission
The mission of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management is to establish and maintain a positive living, learning and working environment for students, faculty, staff and administrators. SAEM provides a wide range of vital programs and services to the campus community including residential services, campus safety, enrollment management, recreation, medical and psychological services, disability services, leadership development, event programming and career consultation. Student Affairs & Enrollment Management enhances the SF State student experience by complementing the University's academic mission and reinforcing our collective commitment to social justice and equity.
Important Links & Documents
- VP Student Affairs & Enrollment Management Organization Chart
- VP Student Affairs & Enrollment Management Biography
- Directory of VPSAEM Office Staff
- Title IX
- SFSU SAEM Budgeting Principles.pdf
- SFSU SAEM Professional Development Travel Guidelines.pdf