Student Complaints and Concerns
Informal problem-solving steps
- What's the problem?
- What do you want to happen?
- Who should you talk to?
- Get advice and support
- Collect the info you need
- Write your own script
- Make and keep a face-to-face appointment
- Talk AND listen
- Take notes
- Keep your cool
- Summarize and ask about next steps
- Follow the informal pathway as far as it goes
- Reality check your expectations
- If necessary, review the formal grievance policy
- Practice prevention
- Apply your problem-solving skills
- Maintain positive relationships