Links and Resources for Veterans and Military Personnel
Visit the Future Students Web site for more information about becoming a student at SF State.
The National Resource Directory:
The NRD is a partnership among the Departments of Defense, Labor and Veterans Affairs. The information contained within the NRD is from federal, state and local government agencies; Veterans service and benefit organizations; non-profit and community-based organizations; academic institutions and professional associations that provide assistance to wounded warriors and their families.
SF State Resources
- The Disability Programs and Resource Center is available to SF State veterans who may meet qualifications for disability services. Please visit the DPRC website at www.sfsu.edu/~dprc/ for more information.
- The Career Center is where you can get help with resume writing, job listings, and career counseling. Please visit their website at http://www.sfsu.edu/~career/
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits. Comprehensive site for information about educational benefits, applying for benefits, forms, and payment.
- Vocational Rehabilitation. USDVA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Service provides vocational-educational counseling to veterans and certain dependents.
- Seamless Transition Home. For returning Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve Service members of Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
- Request Copies of Military Personnel Records (including DD214)
Order Military Transcripts
- Joint Service Transcripts (Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard)
- Community College of the Air Force transcript
The links below may require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. The reader may be downloaded at the following url: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html
- California Department of Veterans Affairs. Find information about CalVet Home Loans, Veterans Services, and Veterans Home Programs.
- California Directory of Veteran Services. A PDF directory.
- California Association of County Veterans Service Officers. A veterans' advocacy organization.
- DoD Fact Sheet on Post‐9/11 GI Bill Transferability
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC). SOC is dedicated to helping service members and their families get college degrees. SF State is a SOC campus.
- Military.com. Military.com offers free resources to servicemembers, veterans and dependents, including a Military-Friendly School Finder, Veteran Job Board, Transition Assistance, Buddy Finder, Benefits Updates, and more.
- National Testing Program Q&A. A Q&A website.