Facilities Reservation Request Form
Organizations wishing to rent University facilities must complete a facilities reservation request form and submit it to the Office of Special Events. A reply will be given to the requestor within seven working days.
University Presidential Lease
- After the request for facilities rental is approved, the requestor shall sign a University Presidential Lease, which will be forwarded to the requestor by the Office of Special Events.
- The requestor shall deliver the completed Presidential Lease with a Certificate of Insurance, containing all provisions as outlined in the Presidential Lease no later than ten days prior to the event unless special arrangements have been made with the Office of Special Events. The presidential lease agreement will be forwarded to the Procurement Director for review and signature.
- The University reserves the right to cancel the reservation if this requirement is not met.
- The Lessee shall secure at its own expense a certificate of insurance.
- The Lessee shall procure and maintain during the term of this lease agreement, public, general liability insurance in an amount of not less than one million dollars for injuries, including accidental death, to any one person and subject to the same minimum for each person, in an amount of not less that five hundred thousand dollars for each accident, or occurrence and property damage insurance in an amount not less than one hundred thousand dollars. The Lessee shall furnish the University a certificate of insurance prior to the commencement of contract agreement that shall provide:
- General Liability: comprehensive or commercial form minimum limits each occurrence one million dollars
- General Aggregate: two million dollars
- Employer Liability -- one million dollars
- Business Automobile Liability: minimum limits for Owned, Scheduled, Non-Owned, or Hired Automobiles with a combined single limit of not less that one thousand per occurrence.
- Workers' Compensation: as required under California law.
Hold Harmless Provision: Lessee shall hold harmless, indemnify and defend the State of California, the Trustees of the California State University, San Francisco State University and the officers, employees, volunteers and agents of each of them from and against any and all liability, loss, damage, expense, costs of every nature, and causes of actions arising out of or in connection with the use by the Less of said property.
- That the State of California, the Trustees of the California State University, San Francisco State University and the officers, employees, volunteers and agents of each of them must be named as additional insured.
- The insurer will not cancel insured's coverage without thirty days prior written notice to the University
- That the State, the Trustees, the University and the employees, volunteers, officers and agents of each of them will not be responsible for any premiums or assessments on the insurance coverage required by this agreement.
- Client t of Lessee further agrees that the insurance herein provided for shall be in effect at all times during the term of this agreement
- In the event said insurance coverage expires at any time or times during the term of this agreement, Client of Lessee agrees to provide at least thirty days prior to said expiration date, a new certificate of insurance evidencing insurance coverage as provided for herein.
- The University requires that your insurance company must meet Best's Secure Ratings no less that "A: VII”. Please provide the company's identification number (AMB#).
- An additional insured endorsement page, FPR< CG 2011 11 85, must be submitted with the certificate of insurance.
- The University request that the insurance company must meet "Best's Secure Ratings no less than "A-".
The Office of Special Events will maintain a financial plan and budget for each event or conference in accordance with University fiscal and administrative policies.
The office will be responsible for:
- Developing an operational budget for each event and conference for use of facilities, supplies, technical services, risk management, security and other expenses as may be necessary.
- Lease agreements should include provision for advance deposits, advance expenses, cancellation fees, refund policies and prompt recovery of costs.
- Depositing fees collected into an administrative special projects account, for San Francisco State University.
Payment for Facilities Rental
- For most events payment in full is due no later than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled event. At its discretion, the University may require partial payment at an earlier date. If so, Lessee will be informed of this requirement in writing before the Presidential Lease is prepared and signed.
- The Lessee shall deliver the check or money order (made payable to San Francisco State University) to the Office of Special Events.
- A refund (less actual costs that have already been incurred by the University) will be made to those who cancel their facilities rental reservation within thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled event.
- Other refunds by the University are subject to the following timeframes:
- between twenty-two (22) and twenty-five (25) days: seventy-five percent (75% of rental charge
- between fifteen (15) and twenty-one (21) days: fifty percent (50%) of rental charge
- between eight (8) and fourteen (14) days: twenty-five percent (25%) of rental charge
- less than eight (8) days; no refund
- Outside filming groups requesting the use of space for filming, videotaping or still photography must have the approval of the Office of Special Events. Once approved, all requests for filming shall be initiated through the Office of Special Events.
- The Office of Special Events will determine if facilities are available and will coordinate appropriate review and consultation. If facilities are available and after consultation with appropriate campus units, the Office of Special Events will initiate the License Agreement. It will be the responsibility of the Office of Special Events acting with and for campus units, to follow through and coordinate preparations for the filming with regard to space; equipment needs ad other pertinent requirements necessary for this activity.
If you have any questions regarding the facilities rental procedure, please contact the Office of Special Events, 415-338-6141, during normal business hours.
San Francisco State University looks forward to working with you closely to serve your event and facility rental needs. Please contact the Office of Special Events should you need additional information or if we can be of any other service to you.
San Francisco State University
Office of Special Events
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, California 94132