The Office of Special Events
The Office of Special Events provides and coordinates University facilities and services for special events as well as rental of facilities for the University community and off-campus organizations. The office will:
- Provide information on policies and procedures required to sponsor a special event at the University.
- Ensure that all special events meet the criteria for University campus facilities and service usage and sponsorship.
- Develop a list of facilities and services needed for the event.
- Identify logistical requirements such as space needs, food services, parking, public safety and special equipment needs, and work with the appropriate campus offices to coordinate these matters.
- Develop and administer a budget and financial accounting system for fees due to the University.
- Maintain a periodic check on the progress of the event and prior to the event, review all facilities and services for adherence to the program requirements.
- Serve as liaison to all members of the University involved in the event.
The Office of Special Events will schedule facilities needed for all special events. Before scheduling a special event, the office will take into consideration the following criteria:
- Academic program needs
- Academic support programs
- Conference needs for campus sponsored or co-sponsored programs
Facilities, which are not being use for the above programs, will then be available for outside organizations for leasing.
Every effort will be made to schedule an outside group’s event. When a conflict arises the following criteria will be considered:
- Nature of the event
- Date request submitted
- Other facility availability