Division of Undergraduate Studies
Undergraduate Studies facilitates student success from entry to graduation by providing services to students, faculty members, and staff members that support the academic, personal, and professional developmental needs and expectations of SFSU's diverse student community.
The Division of Undergraduate Studies includes the following units:
- The Undergraduate Advising Center (including advising, retention, orientation, and first-year experiences / learning communities). Kim Altura, Director;
- The Learning Assistance Center (tutoring). Deborah vanDommelen, Director;
- The Campus Academic Resource Program (CARP) (tutoring); Morris Head, Senior Coordinator;
- The Special Major baccalaureate degree program;
- Writing Across the Curriculum/Writing in the Discipline. Mary Soliday, Director;
- Articulation within the California public college or university system: www.assist.org. Terri Eden , University Articulation Officer.
The Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Studies has responsibilities for the General Education program and other university-wide graduation requirements. The Dean of Undergraduate Studies also serves as the academic dean for all students who have not yet declared a major.