ISYS 263 Waiver Exam
Satisfying the ISYS 263 prerequisite:
The prerequisite can be satisfied either by passing ISYS 263 or passing a Waiver Examination in Information Systems. Students who fail the Waiver Examination once must complete ISYS 263. The Waiver Examination covers the content presented in ISYS 263.
To sucessfully pass the ISYS 263 waiver exam, students should be able to:
1. explain information technology concepts
2. explain information systems concepts and describe the use of information systems in an organizational context.
3. identify the stages in the development of an information systems and describe the roles played by users and IT professionals in the process
4. utilize standard IT-based problem-solving tools for common business applications
5. understand the relevance and application of IT in society and identify the major ethical issues related to the use of IT
The ISYS 263 Waiver Examination:
Does not permit the use of a calculator.
Comprises multiple-choice questions.
May be taken only once.
Has no penalty for guessing.
Must be completed in 90 minutes.
Results will be posted online on MySFSU at www.sfsu.edu/student the Wednesday following the exam. Students must stop by the Information Systems Department Office (BUS 310) to find out the passing score. Please do not contact the Testing Center regarding scores.
Location Given, in detail, at time of registration.