Faculty Evaluations (TALLY)
- a) Report Heading (required field) – as an example, this field could be completed with the name of the instructor, an abbreviation of the department/program, section number, or any other department specific information. Departments are completely free to choose the content of this field.
- b) Survey Type (required field) – for faculty evaluations mark “Teaching Effectiveness”
- c) Number of Report Copies – designate how many printed copies of the report you would like. If you leave this item unmarked, the program will generate one copy of the report.
- d)College Number (required field) – the two-digit College Number assigned by Academic Resources. If you don’t know it, please click below, or call us at 8-2575: http://academic.sfsu.edu/CMS_uploads/files/14acaf-146.pdf
- e) Program/Dept. Number (required field) – the three-digit Program/Dept. Number assigned by Academic Resources. If you don’t know it, please click below, or call us at 8-2575: http://academic.sfsu.edu/CMS_uploads/files/14acaf-146.pdf
- f) User’s ID Number – some departments put the SFSU ID number of the evaluated instructor. The majority of departments do not use this field. Some departments use this field to distinguish between two or more subgroups within the department. Contact the Testing Center at 8-2575 if you have any questions on how to do that.
- g) Schedule Number – some departments use this field to put the Class Schedule Number. The majority of departments do not use this field. Some departments use this field to distinguish between two or more subgroups within the department. Contact the Testing Center at 8-2575 if you have any questions on how to do that.
- h) Date (required field) – mark an exact date (MMDDYYYY) which is close to the end of the semester.
- i) Enter the maximum number of Options per item used in this tally – enter the number of possible answers to a question in your survey.
- j) Enter the number of the Last item on this tally – enter the number of questions in your survey
- 2. Place the completed Tally Program-User Identification Form on top of the Tally Response Forms, and then place one End of Tally form on the bottom for each class or set of forms. Make sure all forms are oriented in the same direction. Do the same for all classes in your survey. Gather all form sets into one big pile. Do not insert any rubber bands, paper clips, posted notes etc. in the pile.
- 3. Complete one Tally Log Form from the following link http://www.sfsu.edu/~testing/tallylog.html , print it, place it on the top of your pile of faculty evaluations, and submit for processing at the Testing Center at the One Stop in the Student Services Building.
The Center assists academic departments in their evaluation of faculty teaching effectiveness by providing computer processing (TALLY) of student evaluations of faculty.
TALLY Log form - online
Online TALLY log form
How to prepare forms for submission
1. Complete the Tally Program-User Identification Form
Complete one Program-User Identification Form for each class.
NOTE: Use only #2 or soft pencil to complete the form. Print information in the empty boxes, and make sure you completely shade the corresponding letter or number below each box. Failure to do so will result in producing false reports, which leads to costly do-overs.
If you have any questions, or in doubt about the process of preparing the faculty evaluations, please call us at 8-2575.
Where to submit TALLY forms:
All TALLY materials should by submitted for processing at the Testing Center, One Stop, Student Services Building.
How long does it take to process TALLY forms?
Turn around time: 4 working days from submission date.
How to order forms:
All three forms are available through
Note that "Tally User"and "Tally End" are sold in packets of 50 forms each and the "Tally, Response" forms are in packets of 500.
Additional Office Max help or advice is obtainable from:
Kathleen Gill at 415-831-0478, firstname.lastname@example.org or,
Diane Abraham at 925-949-3304, email@example.com