- Announcing the MBRS - RISE Science Scholars Program
- Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE)
- For Juniors* and Seniors* in Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Applicant Profiles are being accepted for Academic Year 2012-2013
- Application deadline is March 19, 2012
- Program Starts: September 1, 2012
Purpose: The MBRS - RISE Scholars Program is designed to prepare students from underrepresented groups (African-American, Native American, Hispanic American and Pacific Islanders) for biomedical careers by providing academic support and a stimulating research experience.
Annual Financial Support: $8,400
- Summer Research
- Junior and Senior Year Honors Colloquia
- Junior and Senior Year Independent Research
- Minority Seminar Speaker Series
- GRE workshops
- Junior and Senior Year Graduate School Placement Activities
- *Junior is defined as being 2 (two) years from graduation.
- *Senior is defined as being 1 (one) year from graduation.
- 1. Complete the "Applicant Profile" form. ( Application Form )
- 2. Write a 1-2 page "Statement of Purpose" describing your career goals and interests.
- 3. Request at least 2 (no more than 3) letters of recommendation from science faculty that address:
- your potential for graduate study
- your potential for a career in biology, chemistry or biochemistry
- 4. Provide unofficial copies of your transcript(s)
- 5. Complete the "All Science Transcript Form"
|Student Enrichment Opportunities (SEO)
|Department of Biology
|San Francisco State University
|1600 Holloway Avenue
|San Francisco, CA 94132