WHAT WE DO
COSE Health and Safety staff is available to help COSE faculty and staff navigate the numerous EHS regulations that apply to the workplace and assist them with their occupational health and safety concerns. We work with the University’s Office of Environmental, Health, and Occupational Safety (EHOS) to help the COSE achieve compliance with local, state, and federal health and safety regulations.
The difference: While EHOS deals with general safety programs, indoor air quality and environmental permitting for the whole campus community, our office focuses on health & safety programs particular to the COSE.
Below are some of the services we provide:
- 1. Coordinate building evacuations
- 2. Conduct safety inspections
- 3. Provide inspection reports and assist departments with corrective actions
- 4. Consult with researchers on hazardous materials use and storage
- 5. Maintain inspection and training records
- 6. Develop EHS programs and documents
- 7. Help personnel work safely with biohazards, radioactive materials, and lasers
- 8. Provide safety training to COSE faculty and staff