Posting Guidelines for Non-Residential Life Sponsored Organizations and Vendors in the SF State Residential Community
As our residential facilities are closed to the public, the posting of flyers, posters, etc. by non-Residential Life (RL) sponsored organizations is prohibited except under the following guidelines:
- All materials must be submitted to Mary Ann Begley, Associate Dean of Students & Director of Residential Life, for approval, stamping, and distribution. The Director’s office is located in the Housing Business Office attached to Mary Ward Hall. You may contact Mary Ann Begley at 415-338-2722, or email: email@example.com.
- A total of 59 flyers are needed for the central community (Mary Ward, Mary Park, Towers, and Village); if you wish to have them distributed in University Park North and South a total of 85 are needed.
- All posted materials not approved by RL will be removed.
- Posted materials will be displayed for a maximum of two weeks, after which they will be removed. For events this will be 1 business day following the date of the event.
- All materials must have the following information:
- Name of the sponsoring organization.
- Phone number people may contact for more information.
- Flyers, posters, etc. encouraging student participation in an event, conference, class activity, etc. at the University, must include the following statement:
"Students with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations are encouraged to contact (the sponsoring organization’s name here). The Disability Programs and Resource Center is available to facilitate the reasonable accommodations process."
This statement must be clearly visible, in at least 12 point Times New Roman or Arial font.
- Distribution is not permitted anywhere in the residential community by any non-Residential Life staff member, and without first being approved (see above guidelines).
- Approval is at the discretion of the Associate Dean of Students & Director of Residential Life.
- Any questions regarding posting of materials should be directed to Mary Ann Begley, 415-338-2722, or firstname.lastname@example.org.