Located inside of the Gymnasium, the Weight Room (Gym 148) houses Campus Recreation programming and Kinesiology classes. This shared facility is equipped with state of the art fitness equipment including free weights, cardiovascular machines, strength training machines and functional training equipment. All patrons of the Weight Room must show valid SF State identification prior to using the facility. Since towels and bottled water are the only personal items allowed in the room, Campus Recreation encourages participates to purchase a locker to store their larger personal belongings. Click this link to learn more on how to purchase a locker.
Even though the department does not anticipate closing the Weight Room during regularly scheduled hours, the facility can be closed and weight lifting classes could be cancelled on short notice. Please refer to the Activities Calendar for up to date facility hours and class times.
Weight Room Hours - Spring 2017
Monday - Thursday
4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Monday & Wednesday
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Weight Room Rules
Patrons should use extreme caution when lifting weights to avoid potential injury to themselves or others. Cardiovascular equipment is to be used by one individual for a maximum of 30 minutes. Please be courteous to others. To avoid congestion and waiting lines, patrons should allow others to work in between sets while using strength training equipment.
- Closed toe athletic shoes are required. No boots or other hard-soled shoes are allowed.
- Appropriate athletic attire: t-shirts, shorts, warm-up suits and work-out clothing, is required. Jeans and/or street clothes that have rivets on them may not be worn.
- TOWELS REQUIRED. Patrons must bring a dry towel to wipe down weight equipment, benches and cardio-vascular machines after use. The towel must be large enough to cover the patron's entire back.
- Personal belongings such as backpacks, bags, etc. are not allowed in the Weight Room at any time.
- Water in plastic, re-sealable containers are allowed.
- All equipment must be returned to its proper location after use.
- Weight belts that may damage equipment must be removed or covered appropriately.
- Dumbbells cannot be dropped to the floor.
- All free weight equipment must be kept in the free weight area.
- Weights and bars of any kind cannot be leaned against the wall, pillars, equipment, or mirrors.
- Spotters are strongly recommended for all weight lifting exercises.
- Collars must be used with all bars in the free weightlifting area.
- Personal Training is not allowed in the facility without Campus Rec approval.
- Profanity, excessively loud or suggestive language will not be tolerated.
- All equipment must remain in the Weight Room.
- Campus Recreation Staff may ask any patron to leave the facility if necessary.
- Please direct all concerns and maintenance needs to the on-duty Staff.