Procedures for Admission
1. Review RPT Graduate Website. Click the link below to show a fillable RPT Application Form (here) or request a packet of graduate information materials from the department. If using the fillable application, complete it, print it and mail it to RPT Graduate Program Coordinator (see information below). If you have any further questions about our program, please call or make an appointment for an information interview.
2. Then at the same time apply to SFSU and to the RPT Graduate Program. The RPT Application is different from the University form.
3. Apply for admission to the University. (Request an application form from the Office of Admissions or click on www.sfsu.edu/~gradstdy). Note: all CSU campuses use a standard application form. Such forms are frequently available at local high schools and community colleges, as well as from the Office of Admissions.
4. Review the SFSU website (www.sfsu.edu) and SFSU online bulletin
5. Arrange for two sets of transcripts from each college/university attended. Have one set sent to the Office of Admissions and one set sent to the RPT Department.
6. Prepare and send one professional quality resume to the RPT Department.
7. Arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the department: Mail them to:
8. Return a completed (typed) Application Form to the Department. This includes a detailed Career Goal -- Statement of Purpose.
9. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for information regarding student loans, work study, etc. -- (415) 338-7000 or email at email@example.com.
10. International students should consult the University Bulletin or SFSU Office of International Programs website (www.sfsu.edu/~oip) for special admission requirements, TOFEL exam, and other procedures. The Office of International Programs phone is: (415) 338-1293; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clicking on this RPT Graduate Application link will provide you with a fillable application form. You may either complete it on-line, then make a print of the filled form; or simply print the blank form and type in the required information later. Mail completed applications to:
Your application will be reviewed only when it is complete. You will be notified via email of your application status within two weeks of receipt. Written notice will be provided if accepted or not (during summer this may be delayed 2-3 weeks). Note, there are strict application deadlines for each semester.
Of Your Application On-Line