The prospective student must have sufficient background to undertake a graduate program in biomedical science. Other undergraduate disciplines with professional work experience in biotechnology may apply. All applicants must meet the following requirements for admission into the graduate program in Biology:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a grade point average of at least 3.0.
- The Graduate Record Exam (for the General Test) score.
- The Level 1 Written English Proficiency Requirement can be met with a minimum score of 4.0 on the GRE Analytical Writing Test.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS scores that meet the minimum required by the Division of Graduate Studies, or other university accepted alternatives.
- Two or more letters of recommendations.
- Transcripts of all post-secondary colleges or universities attended.
- A two-page "Statement of Purpose."
- Applicants may be interviewed before selection.
- At least one year of professional experience in some discipline of science is strongly recommended.
- Approval for admission by the Division of Graduate Studies and the Biology Department.
- Students must legally be able to work in the United States.