Applying to SFSU Biology Graduate Program
Admission deadline for Fall 2013 is 1 February 2013.
Application to San Francisco State University is a 3-part process. You must complete ALL parts for your application to be reviewed.Also see the link: http://biology.sfsu.edu/content/applying-sfsu-biology-graduate-programs
Please note: The minimum GPA requirement for applying to the M.S. in Biology program at SFSU is 3.0 in your last 60 semester (90 quarter) units.
Part I: Apply to SFSU online at CSU Mentor
For domestic applicants click here: http://www.csumentor.edu/admissionapp/grad_apply.asp
For international applicants click here: http://www.csumentor.edu/admissionapp/intl_apply.asp
Online applications are uploaded to SFSU Student Systems in 24 hours. You do not need to respond on CSU Mentor to the question related to "Statement of Purpose." Just write in that space, "see attached."
You will receive an email after you complete your CSU Mentor application with an SFSU ID number. Use this to complete the webform in Part II below.
Submit a set of official transcripts from all post-secondary (post-high school) programs attended. Send one set to the University (San Francisco State University, Graduate Admissions, 1600 Holloway Avenue, ADM 254, San Francisco, CA 94132. This is required by the University for your application to be complete.
Part II: Apply to the Department/Program using the items below:
To fill out the online application forms, you will need:
- Your SFSU ID number that was e-mailed to you after you completed your CSU Mentor Application.
- A completed All Science Transcript Form. Click here for the PDF version or here for the .doc version.
- A statement of purpose. Click here for instructions on preparing a statement of purpose.
- Email Letters of Recommendation to email@example.com.
- Send GRE scores to SFSU (recipient code 4684) and include unofficial scores on your All-Science Transcript form.
Then, complete the online application form for the Professional Science Master's at this link: http://biology.sfsu.edu/content/gradPSMFall2013
Part III: Identify SFSU Faculty Mentor
List program director Dr. Lily Chen as faculty mentor.