How to Apply
SF State students come in all ages and from all over the world. Some are making the move from high school to freshman year of college. Others are transferring from another college in the Bay Area or coming to SF State as international or graduate students.
For detailed admissions information, choose the category that matches your needs:
- First-Time Freshmen: A first-time freshman is defined as a student who has earned no college credit after the summer immediately following high school graduation.
- Transfer: Students with more than 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units) are considered upper-division transfers.
- International: If you are applying for or currently on a non-immigrant visa (F-1 or J-1), then you are an international student.
- Graduate: Graduate students are those who have completed a four-year degree and are pursuing a post baccalaureate degree.
- Veterans + Active Duty Military: Military veteran, active duty military, or military dependent.
- Second Bachelors: SF State is not currently accepting applications from second baccalaureate students.
- Extended Learning: SF State's College of Extended Learning (CEL) offers a wide variety of lifelong learning classes, seminars and certificate programs.