Parents & Family Program eNews is sent twice a year by e-mail prior to the Fall and Spring Recesses. Latest issue of the eNews is provided below.
You may access archival copies of the eNews here.
Dear Fellow SF State Parents & Family Members,
On behalf of the Parents Council, I am pleased to be able to present you with the Spring 2013 edition of the SF State Parents & Family Program eNews. It is our hope that this newsletter helps fulfill a key goal of the SF State Parents Council, which is to provide parents and families with timely campus updates. As a parent of a sophomore, and the founding president of the SF State Parents Council, I encourage you to become involved in your child’s educational experience. By reading a wide range of articles included in the eNews, you'll be able to find an opportunity to participate in the SF State experience.
- Special Thank You to SF State Parents Living in Southern California
- Career Expo at SF State's Main Campus
- University Housing Returning Resident Process and Spring Move-Out
- Deadline for Alumni Association Scholarships is Right Around the Corner
- Tickets to Commencement for Graduating Students' Guests
- Gator Athletics and "The Swamp"
- A Look at Residential & Student Life
We have included several articles for you to read in order to learn more about the outstanding achievements and recognition received by SF State faculty, students, and alumni. You will find these and more located in an online resource called "SF State in the News," including the following articles:
- SF State Alumni Hall of Fame welcomes new inductees [read more]
- Professor Mark Johnson's curation of a bi-continental exhibit of ink paintings from more than two dozen Asian American artists at the Fine Arts gallery [read more]
- SF State students are helping to improve some of the city's most impoverished communities [read more]
For Spring and Summer Recess and other holiday schedules, take a look at the University Calendar. A recent parent update from University Housing includes other important dates for students living on-campus.
I look forward to connecting with all of you via the Parents Council Facebook page. To join the Parents Council, sign-up to volunteer or look out for e-mail alerts in your e- mail inbox. These notices will assist you in becoming an advocate on behalf of SF State and inform you about how to take action on issues important to your student's education.
Please click on an appropriate link below for archival copies:
We want you to be involved in the life of SF State. If it's the first time you're hearing about SF State Parents & Family Program, be sure to register with us here. We invite you to join “sfstateparents” on Yahoo!® Groups, where you can log on now and complete a quick poll to tell us about your area of interest. For more details contact Parent & Family Program at (415) 338-2217 or email@example.com.