Parents & Family Program eNews is sent twice a year by e-mail prior to the Fall and Spring Recesses. Latest issue of the eNews is provided below.
You may access archival copies of the eNews here.
Dear Fellow SF State Parents & Family Members,
On behalf of the Parents Council, I am pleased to be able to present you with the Fall 2013 edition of the SF State Parents & Family Program eNews. It is our hope that this newsletter helps fulfill a key goal of the SF State Parents Council, which is to provide parents and families with timely campus updates. As a parent of a sophomore, and the founding president of the SF State Parents Council, I encourage you to become involved in your child’s educational experience. By reading a wide range of articles included in the eNews, you'll be able to find an opportunity to participate in the SF State experience.
Here are a few highlights of this edition, and you can read more by clicking on each individual article link below:
- Help Shape the Future of SF State
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Opportunities
- Celebration of the International Education Week at SF State
- Website Designed to Inform Parents about Study Abroad
- Athletics Update: St. John's Red Storm vs. SF State Gators, All-CCAA Honors, and Nationals
- "Your Voice" from a Parent Perspective
We have included several articles for you to read in order to learn more about the outstanding achievements and recognition received by SF State faculty, students, and alumni. You will find these and more located in an online resource called "SF State in the News," including the following articles:
- SF State receives 10-year reaccreditation: Citing SF State's commitment to its academic mission during financially difficult times, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) has reaccredited the University for 10 years, the maximum time period for which WASC issues reaccreditation.
- After 'viral' summer, poet comes to SF State: Javon Johnson, whose performance at the National Poetry Slam has been seen by more than a half-million people online, returns to the CSU system and says he looks forward to working with students like himself.
- Students polish production skills, help nonprofits: Five SF State students spent three weeks of their summer halfway across the globe putting their video production skills to good use -- and for good causes.
For Fall and Winter Recess and other holiday schedules, take a look at the University Calendar. A recent parent update from University Housing includes other important dates for students living on-campus. For a schedule of upcoming events organized by the SF State Alumni Association to which you are welcome to attend, see http://www.sfsu.edu/~alumni/events.html.
To join the Parents Council, sign-up to volunteer or look out for e-mail alerts in your e- mail inbox. These notices will assist you in becoming an advocate on behalf of SF State and inform you about how to take action on issues important to your student's education.
Janice Herwegh Gumas '85
SF State Parents Council
Please click on an appropriate link below for archival copies:
We want you to be involved in the life of SF State. If it's the first time you're hearing about SF State Parents & Family Program, be sure to register with us here. We invite you to join “sfstateparents” on Yahoo!® Groups, where you can log on now and complete a quick poll to tell us about your area of interest. For more details contact Parent & Family Program at (415) 338-2217 or email@example.com.