Activites supported by the Parents & Family Council in the upcoming year are listed below. Our students' parents and family are considered integral members of the campus community, and invited to join us for a variety of events organized by the Alumni Association, College of Creative Arts, and more.
SFSU New Student Orientation is the only way new students receive early advising, registration and orientation to the campus. At Summer 2014 orientation, first-time students will:
- Learn about graduation requirements and how to plan for 1st-year classes
- Hear about college success from successful students and from faculty and staff
- Learn the ways freshmen can get involved and connected to our campus
- Learn how to create a class schedule with help from trained peer advisors and counselors
- Register for all Fall 2014 classes, based upon major goals and placement test results
- Take a full campus tour given by student peer advisors
- Obtain a SF State ID card (during on-campus Orientation dates only)
We have a limited amount of tickets for parents of SF State students to join the SF State Alumni Association in cheering on the Oakland Athletics as they take on the New York Yankees. Prior to the game, mix, mingle and enjoy an all-American meal of hot dogs and burgers with fellow Gators at the Westside Club Bay located in the Oakland Coliseum.
Date: Friday, June 13, 2014
Reception: 6 p.m. reception located in Westside Club Bay (Oakland Coliseum)
Game: 7:05 p.m.
Place: Oakland Coliseum, 7000 Coliseum Way, Oakland, CA 94621
RSVP: $45/person 4 person limit We have limited number of tickets left.
If you wish to reserve tickets, contact Ryan Jones at email@example.com and indicate how many tickets you wish to purchase. Tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
SF State is proud of its partnership between the Office of New Student Programs and the Dean of Students area to bring a new, 2-day, engaging transition experience to campus during the 2014 Summer Orientation season.
This special orientation program, called Navigator, is designed to enhance participants’ knowledge and engagement in the academic, social, and interpersonal transitions new students and their family support systems experience as they prepare to begin life at SF State. The program offers more time for new students and their guests to connect with faculty, staff and peers from all facets of campus life, and participate in targeted workshops and presentations designed to increase awareness of the tools, networks and resources aimed at college-student success.
Date: Friday, June 20, 2014 and Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Time: Click here for program
Place: San Francisco State University, locations vary
- Parents of new students, click here to register for Navigator.
- Parents of current students, share your story! Please consider offering your assistance and expertise during this exciting program by participating in a variety of the workshops and panels helping parents of new students understand what their SF State transition might be like. Click here to become a volunteer.
Join us for the 4th Annual Parents Program Dinner during SF State's Welcome Days. Parents and family members of San Francisco State University are an important extension of the SF State community. To thank each family member for their support and partnership, SF State Parents Council in partnership with the Alumni Association want to extend a special invitation to you to break bread and socialize with other parents and learn about the exciting ways in which you can be involved with SF State and your student’s experience.
While you participate in the Parents Program Dinner, your student is encouraged to head over to the West Campus Green for the Student Life Carnival to enjoy music, food, games, laser tag and much more.
- Parents of new students, click here to register for Welcome Days.
- Volunteers: Click here to volunteer to help in with Welcome Days. We are looking for greeters, help with check-in tables, and parents to answer questions from parents of new students.
For more information about Welcome Days contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415/338-3888.
Save the date for the upcoming Alumni and Family Weekend. This celebration will include social gatherings, performances, alumni speakers, lecture series and more. Mark you calendars and check back here for updates!
Date: October 24-26, 2014
Place: San Francisco State University, locations will vary
For campus wide symposiums, athletic events, or exhibits, take a look at our University Calendar.
Would you like to get together with other parents and organize local events? If so, please contact us.