Established on August 8, 2011, Parents Council is led by its founding president, Janice Gumas (BS ‘85). (Link will open email)
The SF State Parents Council acts as a well-informed resource for the University. Members assist in academic recruiting, promote fundraising and advocacy efforts, and offer the parents’ perspective to key administrators in the University.
As a Parents Council member, you have the opportunity to:
- Attend special meetings on campus where you will hear directly from administrators, faculty and staff about what is happening on campus.
- Volunteer at new student orientation, and help with recruitment in high schools
and college fairs to promote SF State.
- Participate in new student on-campus orientation programming for parents.
- Be an advocate and support the University’s legislative agenda at the state, federal and local levels.
- Identify fundraising opportunities that would interest parents, guardians and
families of our students.
Visit us on Flickr to see photographs from our activities.
You’re invited to become a part of the SF State experience! To join the Parents Council, sign-up to volunteer or look out for e-mail alerts to advocate on behalf of SF State in your e-mail inbox and take action.