Group Campus Tour Program
Reservations are required.
The Group Campus Tour Program is designed for schools, organizations
and community groups interested in bringing a group of high school or college
level students to learn more about what SF State has to offer.
The guided campus tour is a walking tour on pathways outside of academic buildings that takes approximately one hour and is conducted by one of our trained tour guides who welcomes the opportunity to share their experience as an undergraduate student. The guided campus tour encompasses the main academic part of the campus. Tours of other facilities are arranged through that specific department/office. (E-mail addresses and phone numbers of SF State departments and programs are available at www.sfsu.edu/atoz.)
Guided campus tours are conducted during the week (Monday - Friday only) and require a reservation. Reservations are first come, first served and must be made by an adult group leader/chaperone at least 30 days in advance during the Spring semester. Reservations from students are not accepted. We will make every effort to accommodate your group with a reasonable, timely request, but limited funding, scheduling and staffing dictate what we can and cannot offer.
Reservation requests are currently being taken for the Spring 2015 semester (February to early-May). Note: Due to finals and the end of the Spring 2015 semester, last available tours will be during the week of May 11th.)
To make a reservation, email email@example.com the following information:
- Institution and program name
- Contact person name, phone number and email address (Confirmation will be sent to this email address.)
- Name and cell phone number of chaperone/adult group leader in attendance with the group during the visit
- Size of your group (Tour guides will be hired based on the size of your group. Due to limited resources, we are only able to accommodate a group of 50 or less from one school group or organization.)
- Grade level(s) of your group: High School or College (At this time, we can only accommodate groups at the high school or college level.)
- Requested date and time of tour (Monday - Friday only.) (Example: Mon, March 9 at 9:30 am)
- Alternate date and time of tour (Monday - Friday only.)
If we can meet your needs, you will receive a confirmation letter by email. Otherwise, our coordinator will contact you to discuss other options if your request cannot be accommodated by our office.
Your confirmation will also contain website links and details to:
- directions to SF State
- parking (suggested large bus drop off location: State Dr, near the Towers Conference Center)
- campus map
- pre-paid lunch reservations through the Dining Center
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|If you would like bring your group of students to visit during...|
(June to August)
|Details will be available in early June. Please check back for updates.|
(September to mid-December)
|Details will be available in early September after our tour guides add and finalize their classes for the fall semester. Our schedule is based upon the work availability of our student tour guides. Check back for updates.|
(mid-December and January)
|Guided campus tours are not available. The self guided campus tour is available for you to tour the campus on your own at any time. Reservations are not required to tour the campus with the self guide. Visit www.sfsu.edu/outreach/self.htm for the available options.|
(February to mid-May)
|Details will be available in early February after our tour guides add and finalize their classes for the fall semester. Our schedule is based upon the work availability of our student tour guides. Check back for updates.|