OIPNEWS Weekly Update
February 01, 2013
Immigration & Visa Updates
- Immigration Law Question
- Web Links For Foreign Embassies & Consulates In The U.S.
- Are You Maintaining A Full-Time Course Load?
- Be Sure You Have Permission IN ADVANCE From OIP To Take Less Than A Full-Time Course Load!
Office of International Programs (OIP) Updates
- Completing Your Studies In Uncertain Economic Times
- Keep Copies Of Your Important Paperwork/Documents!
- Delete E-mail Scams, Do Not Respond
- OIP’s On-Line “Survival Guide To Living In San Francisco”!
- Last Day To Add/Drop Classes Is Friday, February 8!
- SEVIS Full-Time Enrollment Requirement!
- Last Day To Apply For PCPT For December 2012 Graduates Is February 5, 2013!
- New Spring 2013 Class At SF State: Mental Health Advocate Training
Workshops & Activities
- Spring 2013 OIP Workshop Schedule
- SF State Career Center Workshops
- H-1B/U.S. Permanent Residency Workshop
- Practical Training Information Workshop Tuesday
- International Student Support Group
- FREE “Welcome To America” Dinner!
Income Tax Information
- Income Tax Help From OIP!
- Advice On Using A “Tax Preparation Service”
- Income Tax Issues: Incorrectly Withheld Social Security and Medicare Tax
Job & Internship Opportunities
Scholarships & Financial Assistance
San Francisco Bay Area Events & Activities
- International Restaurant Review: Grindz Hawaiian Restaurant
- Consumer Corner: Controlling Your Junk Mail
- Renter’s Insurance
- Caution! Fraud! Scam! This Is A Warning!
- Safety Tips: Cells Phones & Driving: A Hazardous Mix
- Cultural Notes: How The Days Were Named
- Quote Of The Week
- Helpful Web Site Tip
- Super Bowl Sunday!