- The Department of Political Science started a fund drive for the Red
Cross. Monetary donations only - either cash or check - can be dropped off
in HSS 263. Please make checks out to "Red Cross." For more information,
call ext. 8-1178.
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) is urging those willing to volunteer or make donations to use the following numbers:
To make financial contributions: 1-800-HELP NOW and 1-800-SAL-ARMY
To donate blankets and clothing: 1-800-958-7825
To volunteer medical services: 1-518-431-7600
To volunteer general services: 1-800-801-8092
- The United Way of New York City is accepting online donations at: www.uwnyc.org. You may also contribute by sending monetary donations in care of
United Way September 11th Fund
2 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Donors may specify the community (New York City, Washington, D.C., or other affected areas) where they would like their contributions to help.
- Donate food through America's Second Harvest. Call (800) 344-8070.
- Blood Donations: to make an appointment through the Red Cross call (800) GIVE-LIFE (448-3543) . Appointments are booked through the 18th or 19th of September. Bay Area residents can ALSO donate via the Blood Centers of the Pacific. There are extended
hours of operation but not at all locations. To make an appointment or for a list of locations call (888) 393-4483 or visit http://184.108.40.206/donating/.
- For monetary donations, visit: www.redcross.org or mail donations to:
American Red Cross
P.O. Box 37243
Washington, D.C. 20013