Job Title: LAC Writing Workshop Teacher
This job is only open to current Reading/Writing/Study Skills Tutors.
- Develop your communication, interpersonal, academic, and leadership skills in a supportive environment that enhances your ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Participate in valuable academic and people skills paid training.
- Gain experience that will enhance on your resume.
- Participate in weekly preparation sessions in lesson planning and developing activities for the writing workshop.
- Assess student learning needs in consultation with Learning Assistance Center faculty.
- Assist students to achieve learning goals in writing, reading, and study skills across disciplines.
- Teach grammar for academic writing.
- Recognize, understand and use students' individual language and writing patterns.
- Completion of at least one semester tutoring at the LAC.
- Successful completion of AU697/796, "Tutoring Across Disciplines".
- Graduate status preferred, upper division status required, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and experience and/or training working with a multicultural undergraduate student population.
- Completion of ENG 653 or ENG 704.
STARTING PAY RATE $/Hr: 10.50
TIME 10-20 hours per week during M - TH: 9-4. 7-8 hours per week minimum. Must be available in time blocks of at least 2 hours.