Job Title: Tutor and Computer Learning Lab
On Campus Student Assistant or Work-Study
Applicants applying for tutoring positions may, in addition, apply for this position.
We are accepting applications for Fall 2015.
- Work in a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes the development of your communication, interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Enhance your ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Gain experience that will enhance your résumé.
- Join the LAC's friendly, talented, and diverse staff.
- Welcome students to the Learning Assistance Center.
- Work effectively with SF State's multicultural student population to support student's requests for support at the LAC Learning Lab.
- Refer students to other campus services and labs when appropriate.
- Actively assist students with software problems and homework questions.
- Work cooperatively with staff to perform general office duties necessary for efficient operation of the center.
- Troubleshoot basic networking problems.
- Tutor a minimum of three hours per week.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills a must. Maturity, good judgment, and willingness to take initiative when appropriate.
- Graduate status preferred, upper division status required, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Experience and/or training working with a multicultural undergraduate student population preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and e-mail, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining PCs and MACs.
- Must be qualified to tutor in Reading/Writing/Study Skills or in Math/Sciences/Study Skills.
Unofficial transcripts and a cover letter must be submitted with the job application. Only complete applications will be considered.
STARTING PAY RATE $/Hr: 12.00
TIME 10-20 hours per week during M - TH: 9-4; F: 9-12.
7-8 hours per week minimum. Must be available in time blocks of 3-4 hours.