Job Title: Tutor and Front Desk or Staff Assistant
On Campus Student Assistant or Work Study
Applicants eligible for tutoring positions may, in addition, apply for this position.
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2014.
- Work in a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes development of your communication, interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Enhance your ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Gain experience that will enhance your resume.
- Join the LAC's friendly, talented, and diverse staff.
- Welcome students to the Learning Assistance Center.
- Work effectively with SF State's multicultural student population to screen students' requests for support at the Learning Assistance Center and to refer them to other campus services when appropriate.
- Answer and route phone calls.
- Assist with scheduling, record keeping, e-mail communication, payroll, and general office duties.
- Act as an informational liaison between LAC coordinators and tutors for effective staff communication.
- Work cooperatively with staff to perform additional tasks necessary for efficient operation of the center.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills a must.
- Maturity, good judgment, and willingness to take initiative when appropriate.
- Upper division ranking, at least the second year of attendance at SF State, and in good academic standing.
- Experience and/or training working with a multicultural undergraduate student population preferred.
- Previous receptionist and/or office experience preferred and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail.
Unofficial transcripts and a cover letter must be submitted with the job application. Only complete applications will be considered.
STARTING PAY RATE $/Hr: 11.00
TIME 10- 20 hours per week during M - TH: 9-4 and F: 9-12.
Must be available in time blocks of 3-4 hours.