Former Chair; Professor Emeritus of Instructional Technologies.
Dr. Michaels received his Ph.D. in Instructional Systems Design from Indiana University in 1976. He has been with ITEC since 1989 as both professor and chair. After his formal retirement in Spring 2008, Dr. Michaels continued to teach several courses in the ITEC Department, and now enjoys spending time with family and friends around the world.
His past teaching experience includes:
- Instructional Systems Design
- Introduction to Instructional Technology
- Introduction to Programmed Instruction
- Educational Technology, Communication and the Schools
- History and Theory of Educational Technology
- Advanced Programmed Instruction
- Social Aspects of Public Media
- Seminar in Educational Broadcasting
- Seminar in Message Design
He has also had an active role in consulting for corporations and
higher-education institutions, including universities in Iran, Far-West
Regional Laboratory for Educational Development, Bank of California,
Wells Fargo Bank, Levi-Strauss, and Apple Corporation. He recently gave
a seminar in Training Design and Development at the Fachhochschule in
Furthwangen, Germany. He has presented at numerous conferences,
including at Kuala Lumpur, Berlin, and Warsaw.