ICCE Home Page >> Students - Process
Process for Enrolling in CSL Courses
Here’s what to do if you want to take a course that offers community service learning (CSL):
Identify and select course from our current online list of 180 CSL Courses. Only hours from these courses will be shown on your Official Transcipt. Please check the Class Schedule before you register, since not all of the courses are offered each semester.
1. Enroll in the course you want to take.
2. Click here to Create your student profile in the Community Connections database (right-sidebar column). Feb. 2103 BUG: Students, please Create account, log out, then log back in on homepage as Registered Student.
Instructions for Registering in the CCDB
It is important that you agree to follow the guidelines for student conduct. Information marked with a red asterisk * is Required (your full name, SF State student ID, and email address). This is to verify that you are an SF State student since service projects are linked to our CSL courses.
3. Select the placement site where you want to work from sites your instructor has chosen, or from the CCDB.
4. Phone the site supervisor and schedule an appointment. After you have gone through a site orientation,
5. Perform required service and keep track of your hours with your site supervisor (minimum of 30 hours per semester or as directed by course instructor). Enjoy your service work!
CSL Learning Plan Form and Optional Time Sheet
|CSL Learning Plan|
|CSL Volunteer Time Sheet|
6. Download the two-page Learning Plan form, fill it out, and take it to your instructor for their approval and signature. Keep track of your service hours at your community site, and provide those to your instructor. Those hours will be reflected on your official transcript.