Safety, Risk Management and HR Operations works to minimize exposure and loss related to personal, business, employment, and legal risk. Services provided by the Unit include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate regulatory compliance for University programs and activities.
- Provide safety training and technical guidance to promote health and safety best practices for University employees and students
- Provide policies and best practices to help University departments anticipate and assess losses. Manage losses through appropriate insurance and risk management techniques.
- Provide training and campus risk management policies and practices to reduce or eliminate losses for programs and activities such Workers' Compensation, driving and travel on University business, special events, property insurance, and others.
- Provide oversight of the University’s Workers Compensation program, an employer paid benefit through Sedgwick CMS, that provides employees with medical, compensation, and vocational rehabilitation benefits if you are injured on the job or become ill because of your work.
Contact Safety, Risk Management & Operations