Requesting a lump-sum bonus:
- Bonus requests may not be initiated by employees.
- Follow established internal Departmental process to gain budgetary approval for proposed bonus(es).
- Complete the Lump-Sum Bonus Request Form as well as any required supporting documentation and submit to Human Resources (Attn: Classification & Compensation).
- Review process shall be completed within 90 days from the date the request is received in Human Resources.
- Following a complete review, the appropriate Cabinet-level officer shall decide upon the lump-sum bonus request and return packet to Human Resources – this decision is final and is non-grievable.
- Human Resources shall then provide a letter to the administrator and employee (if approved) as to the result of the bonus request within 30 days of the final decision.
- Suggested bonus amount:
- Performance for a measurable time period:
(Projected salary for higher-level position – Actual salary paid) * Time worked
Eg. ($120/day - $100/day) * 10 work days = $200 bonus
- Completion of specific project/assignment:
- If assignment was completed outside of normal work hours and the employee is classified as non-exempt, please contact your Payroll representative regarding the payment of back overtime
- If the assignment was completed outside of work hours, and the employee is classified as exempt from overtime and the project would not normally be assigned to the position:
Prevailing wage of job type * Hours worked
Eg. $15/hour * 20 hours = $300 bonus
- If the assignment was completed within regularly scheduled hours
(Prevailing wage of job type – Wage paid) * Hours worked
Eg. ($18/hour - $15/hour) * 40 hours = $120 bonus
- Recruitment or retention bonus:
To be determined based upon the competing offer, market conditions, and/or budgetary constraints. Please consult with Human Resources.
- Critical skills bonus:
Please consult with Human Resources.