Welcome to the Resnet website!
ResNet is your on campus internet provider and computer assistance group, offering free in-room support for Macs, PC's, and Linux computers alike.
ResNet provides you with access to an always-on, reliable internet connection. You can use this connection to browse the web, access your email, connect to campus computing resources, etc.
Who is Apogee?
Apogee is our commercial ISP partner who provides network engineering and management, as well as 24x7 telephone help for connectivity issues to all of our connected residents.
It’s easy. The first step is to sign up for an Apogee account:
- Go to the Apogee web site
- If you've never had an account with Apogee, click on the 'Create my account!' button and fill out the requested information to create your account.
- If you've previously had an account with Apogee, you only need to log in using your existing username and password and select 'Renew my account' to re-activate it for the current year. If you can't remember your username and password, click on the link 'Help! I can't remember my username or password...' and enter the requested information to retrieve your login info.
- Upon completion of the sign up process, you will be assigned an Apogee username and password. Keep this information confidential and do not share it with anyone.
- You will use this username and password to set up your internet connection at the beginning of each semester.
When start up your web browser you'll see an Apogee sign-on screen. Fill in your information and you're online! That’s all there is to it!
For more technical information on getting connected, please see our Apogee Startup Information.
Note: On move in days, ResNet technicians roam the halls offering network hookup assistance to any resident who needs it. You can also purchase a 30 Foot cable ($10) for your computer.
The Apogee Helpdesk is available 24x7 at 888-478-8864. If they can't solve your problem over the phone, they'll set up an appointment for a ResNet technician to visit your room. Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Use this instructional guide to setup Windows' automatic updates. The few minutes you'll spend setting this up now will prevent hours of headaches later!
The resident move in guide containing all the information you need to know regarding moving in and getting connected!
Check out our video tutorials covering everything from adding and removing programs to building your own computer!