SF State University Housing ResNet Acceptable Use Policy
Be sure to:
- Report any problems or maintenance needs to Apogee.
- Understand and follow the guidelines set out in the ResNet Frequently Asked Questions.
Your use of Resnet implies your agreement to abide by the ResNet Acceptable use policy outlined below.
Connection to the SFSU ResNet is a privilege afforded to members of the SFSU Residence Community who abide by the following terms and conditions:
As a user of the Residential Computing Network (ResNet) I WILL NOT:
- Access or attempt to access unauthorized computing resources, or give unauthorized access to others.
- Use an IP address or account not specifically registered to me by ResNet/Apogee or this University.
- Access files and disk storage belonging to others without explicit permission.
- Use the network to engage in for-profit activities.
- Use the network to run a non-academic related server (i.e. game server).
- Use or distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material (i.e. software, music, videos)
- Send threatening, obscene, libelous or offensive messages.
- Send chain letters or mass email messages unless specifically authorized by this University.
- Damage University computing resources physically or electronically.
- Extend the connection beyond the confines of my room.
- Engage in any activities that compromise the ability of ResNet/Apogee to serve the needs of Residents.
I further agree to familiarize myself with appropriate SFSU policies concerning use of university resources and to comply with all such policies.Policies agreed to include but are not limited to: