A message to veteran applicants
Thank you for your interest in graduate study at San Francisco State University. SF State is committed to supporting active U.S. military personnel and veterans who are interested in pursuing higher education at our university. The Office of Graduate Admissions is pleased to be able to waive the $55 graduate application fee for active/former service members as well as provide individual advising regarding the application process. If you are planning on applying to SFSU, please contact us directly by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "Veteran" in the subject heading. Feel free to include any questions you may have and we will be glad to provide you with some additional information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Process for waiving the graduate application fee
In order to apply to graduate study and have your $55 application fee waived, first see this website regarding the SF State graduate application process: http://www.sfsu.edu/~gradstdy/admission-guideline.htm. Then follow these steps:
- After you have filled out your CSUMentor graduate application and are ready to submit it (be certain that you indicated that you are a veteran/active duty service member on the application), you will be asked to select a method of payment. Select the option to pay by check.
- Submit your CSUMentor application.
- Instead of sending in a check, send in ONE of the following:
- • a copy of your DD-214 (required for veterans)
- • a copy of your most recent orders
- • a copy of your valid military ID
- • a letter from your commanding officer
You may submit these documents via mail, fax, or email:
Mail: Graduate Admissions - SF State University
Attn: Veteran/Military Applicant
1600 Holloway Ave, ADM 250
San Francisco, CA 94132
4. Once the document is received, your graduate application fee will be waived. Continue to check your application status regularly at http://www.sfsu.edu/admit.
The Office of Graduate Admissions
Division of Graduate Studies
San Francisco State University