Thesis / Dissertation Page
The Thesis template provided below is in MS Word in the format designated by San Francisco State University, Office of Graduate Studies. All margins, spacing, page numbering and headings are present for your convenience.
- Download the template here
- Choose from the dropdown menu the appropriate item (e.g. degree, title, major, semester, etc.).
- Copy and paste your thesis/dissertation/creative work preliminary page content one page at a time verifying all fields are complete with your appropriate degree information.
- Remove any pages you do not need included in your thesis.
- Any additional lists (tables, figures, charts, etc.) needed can be added using the same format provided and changing the list title.
- Carefully read and follow the instructions on each page.
- Complete the thesis/dissertation/creative work checklist before your preliminary formatting check. Download Thesis/Dissertation Checklist
- Please stop by the Graduate Studies Office in ADM 254 for a format check of your thesis. At this time please provide all the following preliminary pages:
- Title Page
- Copyright (if applicable)
- Certification of Approval (before obtaining signatures)
- Preface and/or Acknowledgements
- Table of Contents
- List of Tables/Figures/Appendices
- Sample thesis text pages (including any tables, charts, graphs, etc.)
For more guidance on thesis formatting, please contact the Division of Graduate Studies in ADM 250, (415)338-2234, firstname.lastname@example.org.