Graduate Equity Fellowship
The purpose of San Francisco State University's Graduate Equity Fellowship program is to increase diversity by encouraging students with educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds and outstanding academic records to pursue and complete master's and doctoral degrees. The fellowship is only available to students admitted to a SFSU master's or doctoral degree program. Credential-only and certificate students are not eligible.
The deadline for submitting an application for the 2013-2014 Graduate Equity Fellowship is May 3, 2013.
Under the Graduate Equity Fellowship Program, awards of up to $3,400 may be made to graduate students in master's degree programs, and up to $5,000 for graduate students in doctoral programs at San Francisco State University for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education;
- be newly admitted to or Current in a SFSU master's or doctoral program by the effective date of the award;
- be considered residents of the State of California for fee purposes;
- have maintained a GPA of at least 2.70 in all undergraduate work;
- have maintained a GPA of at least 3.25 in all graduate work;
- be eligible for financial aid, as determined by the SFSU Office of Student Financial Aid;
- enroll in and complete a minimum of eight units of course work applicable to the degree objective during each term of the award.
- Note: you may submit your application prior to notification of admission to graduate school. If selected, your award will be contingent on your acceptance.
How To Apply
- New students must submit the application for admission to the University and to the degree program by the published application deadline dates.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form, and submit it to the Federal Processor. You can obtain a FAFSA form from the Student Financial Aid Office in the Student Services Building.
- Submit (in one packet):
- the completed Graduate Equity Fellowship application, including the personal statement.
- copies of transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended (unofficial transcripts are acceptable). Note: Current students who have previously received this fellowship must include a copy of their current transcript from SFSU, but do not need to provide transcripts of undergraduate course work reviewed in a previous application process.
- two letters of recommendation.
- Your complete Fellowship application packet must be received (not postmarked) by the deadline printed on the application form.
|Mail or bring your application to:|| Attn:Graduate Equity Fellowship
Graduate Studies, ADM 250
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94132
|(Students will be notified of their award status by mail during the month of July.)|
|Download: Graduate Equity Fellowship application|
NOTE: To download form in (.pdf) format, you will need to have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Click for Free Adobe Acrobat Reader Download.