Division of Graduate Studies

Image: Photos of SF State students taken from all the graduation events and activities and scenes from around the campus.

Change of Graduate Program


Please attach an unofficial copy of your transcripts to this form before submitting to the Academic Department for appropriate signature. The Academic Department will fill out the remaining portion of this form and return it to the Division of Graduate Studies for processing.

* Students who have not completed at least one semester of graduate studies at SFSU and want to submit a Request for Change of Graduate Program/Major can do so after the fifth week of instruction.

Download/View Form:

(For Education students who are adding or changing a credential use this form below)


PLEASE NOTE: in order save your personal information on the following PDF forms, you will need to:

  1. have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Click here for Free Adobe Acrobat Reader http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
  2. save the PDF form to your computer desktop prior to entering your personal information.


SF State Home