Scholarship Search Chart to assist you with your search.
Campus Scholarship Search
You can conduct a keyword search by:
- Specific keyword (e.g., veterans, AB540, disability, community service, community involvement, etc.)
- Major or college (e.g., enter "business" into the keyword box and click search for a list of business program scholarships or Science and Engineering, Liberal & Creative Arts, Health and Social Sciences, Business, Graduate College of Education, Ethnic Studies)
- Enrollment status (e.g., entering or continuing)
- Scholarship name
- Sign in first and then click the "Show Filters" button for other searchable fields (e.g., class level, major, career, GPA). This search will give you scholarships that you are eligible for by matching your information with each specific scholarship criteria.
External Scholarship Search
There are 7 search options available to help you narrow your search. Search by:
- Class level
- Enrollment status
- Application deadline
You may select more than one search option to refine your search, try these combinations:
- Major, GPA and class level (e.g. Art, 3.0, undergraduate)
- Keyword or phrase and application deadline (e.g. community service and early May or women and early Feb)
- Class level, enrollment status, application deadline (e.g. incoming freshmen search: high school senior, entering, mid January or transfer student search: undergraduate, entering, early February)
- Any major, application deadline, and keyword or phrase, for example, resident of a specific county (e.g. any major, mid February, San Mateo County;)
Below are specifics about some of the search options that are worth highlighting:
Search by keyword is a powerful search option, but it is important to note that it searches the specific word(s) you select from the text used in our database. It is recommended you begin your search as broadly as possible and then narrow your search to customize. It is good to also try variations of the same word. For example, women, woman, female, hispanic, latino, disability, disabilities, half-time, half time.
To search by a phrase, use: comma (,), semi-colon (;), or plus symbol (+) after the words to have the search specifically search for that phrase (e.g., San Mateo; or San Francisco; or University Scholarship; or full-time; or half-time;).
- Under the Major option, searching by "Any" will give you scholarships available for all majors.
- The GPAoption will give you scholarships with the specific GPA requirement you searched for and include GPAs that are lower than the one you searched (e.g. a 3.0 GPA search will give you all scholarships that require a 3.0 GPA and under (e.g. 2.75, 2.5, and 2.0).
However, if you select too many search options your search may be too narrow resulting in very few search results or no search results found.
Fields on the individual Scholarship page that are worth highlighting:
- Citizenship: "Any" means that any citizenship status may be eligible, including international students and AB540 statuses (check with scholarship organization).
- Financial Need Required: "Yes" means applicant must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Act application and have financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid (see "Criteria" section of scholarship results for more information or check with scholarship organization).
Additionally, check with your college, department, and their web sites for more scholarship information, as there may be scholarship opportunities which have not yet been listed on our searchable scholarship database. (See Resources Section)
If the application deadline has passed and you've determined that you are eligible for the scholarship, consider obtaining a scholarship application and begin preparing for next year's competition.
Our office makes every attempt to remain current with the scholarship information and we encourage your feedback if you determine that a scholarship's information requires an update. Contact the Scholarship organization or campus department for the most up-to-date scholarship information.