Print an IRS Tax Return Transcript - Online
If your FAFSA is selected for verification and you are unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval Option, you can print a tax return transcript from the IRS web site and submit it to the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Print it online
- Go to www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
- Select "Get Transcript ONLINE" or "Get Transcript by MAIL"
- Create a Login
- Follow instructions
- If you filed an amended tax return, you will also have to request an "Tax Account Transcript" or "Record of Account Transcript". See special instructions below.
Order by phone (Allow 5 to 10 calendar days for your transcript to arrive)
- Call the IRS toll free at 1-800-908-9946.
- Follow the voice instructions and prompts.
For Students OR Parents who filed an Amended Tax Return (IRS Form 1040X)
You cannot use the web to order the forms below. You must use the 4056 T paper form and mail it to the IRS address located on the form to request either forms. It may take up to 30 days to receive the forms. Then you will
- Submit to our office the IRS Tax Return Transcript and the IRS Tax Account Transcript
- The Record of Account (could be used as both Tax Return Transcript and Tax Account Transcript) must request by using paper Form 4506-T and send to the IRS office)
- A signed copy of the 1040X Form was filed and
- A signed copy of the original tax return that was filed, a tax return transcript or any IRS Transcript (such as a return transcript for tax payer or RTFTP) that includes all the income and tax information required to be verified: AGI, Income Tax Paid, Education Credits, ect..
If Students or Parents filed Amended Tax after using DATA RETRIEVAL to fill out the FAFSA, you cannot rely on that data. Instead, you will need to to use information from these documents to complete verification: